If you’re in Texas, head your way to Dozier’s to experience one of the best BBQ and Meat markets in the state that’s been operating for decades.
You’re tired from visiting tourist spots here and there, suddenly you craved for something to eat. Whether it be ice cream, cake, pizza, burger, meat, etc., we all know that it’s difficult to fight cravings. That’s why it is very important to do an advance search for the best place to eat in the city you’re traveling to.
Just a few clicks on the internet will land you on some informative blogs where you can get an idea of the restaurants and spots you should visit to try mouthwatering dishes – and this is one of those!
In this article, we’ll talk about this one bbq and meat market in Texas that will surely satisfy your bbq cravings. It has been in the business for decades and still serving Texans their best meat and BBQs. If you’re here in this blog, then you’re in for a great meal! Dozier’s has one of the best BBQs in town and we can’t wait for you to try it too!
Serving Houston since 1957, Dozier’s is a must-try when you’re in the city. Its history dates back to the 1950s when Ed Dozier realized that his passion for barbecue needs to be known in Town. That’s when he opened Dozier’s in Fulshear, Texas, just west of Houston. Here, the tastiest barbecue was born. People started to recognize this tasty masterpiece and Dozier’s became the popular spot to get barbecue.
Many years have passed and Dozier’s maintains its reputation as the best go-to barbecue in town. Celebrities, sports figures, passersby, locals, and even politicians all have tried this barbecue. And you can too!
In 2019, Jim Cummins and Steve Baur purchased Dozier’s, and in 2020, they welcomed the addition of renowned pitmaster Jim Buchanan. Nothing has changed since then, they still use Ed Dozier’s original recipes that captured the heart of Texans.
As the pandemic continues to hit the world, we sometimes need some amazing food and delicious BBQs to remind us that good thing still exist. We are lucky that the original delicious flavor of Dozier’s can still be tasted even after many years have passed.
What to Order?
There’s a lot of option in Dozier’s that will make your mouth water but here are some of our recommendations:
1. Brisket – When going to Dozier’s, their Brisket should be on top of your list. Its fall-off-the-bone meat melts in your mouth! There is also a wide range of options to these briskets; brisket on a biscuit, brisket hash, chicken fried brisket, and more! The good thing is everything is totally worth it.
2. Pork Ribs – The Pork Ribs is definitely one of the main reasons people always go back to Dozier’s. Some people even describe the pork ribs and their other meat as the holy grails of meat, and do I agree? Of course, I certainly do! And you deserve to try those too!
1. Texas Caviar – Dozier’s Texas Caviar is especially good that you know you’re coming back for it.
2. Banana Pudding – After pigging out the delicious meat with awesome side dishes, you need to save some room for dessert – banana pudding is our best choice! It’s delicious, refreshing, and absolutely mouthwatering. There’s nothing more satisfying than finishing your meal with some good sweets.
Remember, these are just our recommendations, Dozier’s has a lot to offer in their menu. From meats, sides, sandwiches, and others, you can have a lot of choices. If you haven’t been here, then this is the sign that you should try their amazing menu.
Note: These prices are from their main website.
Dozier’s Main Menu
- Brisket – $14
- Beef Shoulder – $9
- Turkey – $10
- Pork Ribs – $10
- Ham – $8
- Sausage – $9
- Boudin – $8
- Half Chicken – $8.50
- Brisket – $10
- Turkey – $10
- Ham – $9
- Sausage – $9
- Chopped/Lean Beef – $9
- Sausage Wrap – $6
- Taco – $5
- Baker – $7
- Loaded Baker – $11
- Potato Salad
- Baked Potato Salad
- Ranch Beans
- Pinto Beans
- Green Beans
- Collard Greens
- Mac N’ Cheese
- Cole Slaw
- Broccoli Slaw
- Texas Caviar
- Banana Pudding
- Chocolate Pudding
IND – $3.50 / 1/2 PINT – $4.50 / PINT – $8 / QUART – $15 / GALLON – $50
Need a brunch? Good News! Dozier’s now offer brunch on Sundays from 10 AM – 1 PM!
Dozier’s Brunch Menu
- Chicken Fried Brisket & Pancakes – $14.95
- Brisket on a Biscuit – $12.95
- Huevos Rancheros – $13.95
- Brisket Hash – $12.95
- The Burger – $14.95
- Breakfast Tacos – $12.95
- Breakfast Biscuit – $12.95
- Smoke Monkey Bread – $8.95
A La Carte
- Two Pancakes – $6.95
- Presidential Bacon (3) – $4.95
- Eggs (2) – $3.95
- Biscuit – $2.95
Brunchy Libations (Available on Patio)
- Michelada – $6 (includes Presidential Bacon Slice)
- Prosecco – $5 for a single
- Mimosa – $5 glass/ $15 carafe
- Juice choices – pineapple, orange, cranberry
Are you on Pinterest? Pin these!
COPYRIGHT DISCLAIMER:Many of the articles on Two Monkeys Travel Group are guest posts by a number of Approved Contributors and are hosted by Two Monkeys Travel Group. Approved Contributors control their own work and post freely to our site. This includes all text and images that they use within their own work. All contributors are instructed to follow internationally recognised copyright and intellectual property guidelines. Two Monkeys Travel Group takes its own responsibilities very seriously, so if you feel that any part of this work is abusive in any way, please send us an email so that we can investigate - [email protected]
DISCLOSURE: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links. So when you make a purchase we sometimes make a small commission, at no extra cost to you. The cost to you remains the same, sometimes even cheaper if we have negotiated a special deal for our readers.We use all of the companies we have listed here and that’s why they are in this list, but of course we need to keep Two Monkeys Travel Group running as well as it can, which is exactly what you’re helping with if you do decide to buy or book something through an affiliate link! If you have any more questions about the companies we use or any other companies you’re looking at, just email us and we’ll be happy to help.Please see our full disclaimer page for more information.